Travel Class Topics:
The National Parks, America’s Best Idea by Ken Burns
Join Lee Rosenkranz, CTC (Certified Travel Counselor) as he reviews and shows in depth the Ken Burns PBS series on National Parks and the PBS teaching curriculum.
Self Introductions (Where have you lived and what was your favorite visit to a National Park?)
What was your most unforgetable travel moment?
Educators Overview- The wealth of themes explored in THE NATIONAL PARKS offer an extraordinary educational opportunity for your classroom. The lessons and activities developed around the film look at the rich history of the national parks, the art and photography of the breathtaking geography that inspired so many people and the human story of politics and policy that shaped and continue to shape the parks today.
· This is America, The story of our national parks is a long and complicated one, full of competing demands between utterly American impulses—between preservation and exploitation, the sacred and the profitable; between the immediate desires of one generation and it obligation and promise to the next.
· A Campfire Conversation between President Theodore Roosevelt and preservationist
· John Muir during a private three day camping trip in the Yosemite Valley in 1903.
· People Behind the Parks
· Mapping the National Parks
· All Aboard! See America First
· Images of the Parks- It was paintings and photography that first brought the grandeur of the regions yet to become national parks to the public in the latter half of the 19th century.
· Personal Stories of National Parks
· Tourism and Preservation
· How Wolves can alter the course of Rivers
· Yellowstone in Winter Slideshow
“Day Trip” Activities Because The National Parks, America’s Best Idea is so rich in educational themes and we know that teachers have a limited amount of time, we have developed a series of quick, adaptable activities for classroom use. Each “daytrip” contains a brief overview along with activity ideas you can use to create lessons tailored to your individual class curriculum.
The Untold Stories Discussion Guide
State and Local Parks
Wildlife Refuges and Preserves
Contact: Lee Rosenkranz, CTC by phone: 259-6300 by e-mail: email@example.com
or on the internet at
Travel Class Topics: Tuesdays, Summer means Fun 2014
Summer Destinations in Florida, the USA and all over the World!
OK, the snowbirds have flown North and the area is less crowded, the days are longer so what do the rest of us do for the Summer? Join Lee Rosenkranz, CTC (Certified Travel Counselor) and operator of Florida Greeters Tours and the Dayaway Travel Club as he reviews and shows you travel destinations particularly suited to the Summer! Tubing to Scaloping, State Parks to National and cooler destinations for the summer like Scandanavia and Alaska.
Self Introductions (Where have you lived and what was your favorite Summertime trip)
Fall Class on River Trips; Local, National and International plus Cruising to Bermuda and a study of the Island!
Contact: Lee Rosenkranz, CTC by phone: 259-6300, by e-mail: